British Royal Yachting Association (RYA) courses have long been considered the highest quality yachting qualification worldwide, as confirmed by Seamaster Yachting research.
Currently we offer the following RYA courses and exams in tidal waters in cooperation with our partner sailing school residing on the west coast of Scotland:
- Competent Crew
- Day Skipper
- Coastal Skipper
- Yachtmaster Preps (YM Coastal, YM Offshore, YM Ocean)
- Powerboat 1 / Powerboat 2
Other licenses may be obtained in addition to the sailing course:
- RYA VHF course incl. DSC
- RYA Diesel Marine Engine
- Commercial Endorsement for professional skippers
- on request we are able to arrange also Sea Survival and Professional Practices and Responsibilities (necessary for Commercial Endorsement).
- Experience-building / Mile-building / Adventure Sailing = training trips and adventurous tours that will help you to get more experience and more miles in tidal waters
RYA licenses are valid for a lifetime and need not to be renewed. They are a world-recognized proof of the level of your sailing abilities.
Courses usually take place on an Elan 43 (Stormwind), Jeanneau SunOdyssey 42.2 (Jon Boy), or from time to time when there are fewer participants, on a Bavaria 37 (Kitmar) – see the Charter section. All boats are continually maintained for the highest quality and meet the strictest safety regulations.
Information on transportation, accommodation options before/after the course, what to bring with you etc. will be provided by email.